Old July 5th 04, 02:15 PM
Paul Sengupta

You may find it more rewarding to ask on uk.rec.aviation. I've sent this
reply there too.

West Byfleet? Have you tried records at Brooklands Museum?

Paul (volunteer steward)

"Writer" wrote in message
CAN YOU HELP?

OBJECT OF ENQUIRY:

I'm seeking proof that either/both the transatlantic pioneers Sir John
Alcock and Sir Arthur Whitten Brown stayed at the `Red House', West

Byfleet,
near Weybridge, Surrey at or around the time of their flight in June 1919.
If proof can be found, there is a strong possibility that the building

will
be listed by English Heritage and not demolished

I am hoping that someone might have something connecting either/both

Alcock
& Brown to the `Red House' eg. private letter or an official document. It
doesn't matter how trivial the data appears to be.

If you have anything that might support either/both having stayed at the
'Red House', please contact me ASAP

Information needs to be submitted to their County Council by the earliest
this month!

Thank you.