Old October 10th 03, 08:57 PM
TJ

"robert arndt" wrote in message
om...
(Kenneth Williams) wrote in message

om...
Excuse me please, but what frontline aircraft and weapons do each of
these nations possess in the event of another Arab-Israeli war? Do
either of them have anything remotely as good as the Israelis?

I know Syria has a bunch of different MiGs and Iran has a mix of MiGs
and left-over F-4s and Tomcats, but have they made any new purchases
or upgraded their a/c?

Israel seems guaranteed of success with all the US-supplied a/c and
combat experience/training.

Kenneth Williams

Ken,

From "The Int. Directory of Military Aircraft 2002/2003" the AF
fighter/strike inventory for all 3 nations is as follows:

Iran:

AF: 40 F-4D/E
6 RF-4E
20 F-14A
40 MiG-29
30 SU-24MK
44 SU-20/22
45 F-5E/F
18 F-7
18 F-6
19 MIRAGE F1

Israel:

40 F-4E
12 RF-4E
?? F-4 ALL VARIANTS (IN STORAGE)
25 F-15I*
44 F-15 A/B
27 F-15 C/D
102 F-16I*
104 F-16 A/B
125 F-16 C/D
50 KFIR C-7/TC7 (PLUS STORAGE UNITS)
105 A-4N (PLUS STORAGE UNITS)

Syria:

14 SU-27
60 MiG-29/UB
40 MiG-25/PD/RB/PU
80 MiG-23/MF/ML/MS
66 MiG-23/BN/UM
220 MiG-21
30 MiG-17F
20 SU-24MK
96 SU-20/22/BKL
70 L-39
40 L-29
15 MiG-15/UTI

Rob

Not very accurate Rob. Missed out the Iranian Su-25s. Syria has no Su-27s of
any variant. Like Algeria the Syrians had visiting Flankers purely for sales
and evaluation purposes.

TJ