Old May 8th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Fuel Prices and their Effect on Your Flying

Sure, but I've never seen a 100LL pump without a filter inline. Anyway... I
guess I haven't visited enough out-of-the-way places. I would have figured I'd seen
gunk flying to Alaska and back last summer, but of the 500 gallons of 100LL we ran
though it, there was never a spec/drop.

Hmmm. Although I've always considered Alaska to be "out of the way",
I've never considered it to be anything but at the heart of aviation
heaven.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no state in the Union with more
dependence upon general aviation than Alaska. I'll bet they chew
through a LOT more 100 LL than Iowa does...and therefore their gas
ought to be pretty "fresh".

Or as fresh as something made from dinosaurs can be, anyway...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA