Old January 4th 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Resource for choosing a plane?

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 15:28:49 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Pathfinder/Dakota/Turbo Dakota may give you the most bang for your buck
while filling most if not all of your requirements. $100,000 will give
you
several to pick from.

My thoughts exactly.

It's not *quite* 150 knots, (more like 140, in our Pathfinder), but it's a
true 4-place plane (1400 pound useful load) that can be landed on grass
comfortably.

The PA28-235 is a great plane, but is this true in Colorado Springs?
In the summer?

My Cherokee 180 serves as a wonderful 2-place in the Midwest, but when
I visited Boulder in the summer, takeoff and climbout were less than
spectacular, and I was 200lbs under gross.