Old May 15th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default MEA oddity near Harrisburg, PA?

Scott Skylane wrote:

You wanna see something really wild? Go to
http://idisk.mac.com/scottdb-Public

Wish I could, but you don't like my browser.

and look at the "HiMEA" file. Right in the middle, the transitional MEA
for V462 is listed as 88000 between FAGIN and NONDA. This obviously
should be 8800, but I don't think it is just a typo on Jepp's part. When
our company's flight planning software generates a low altitude route
through this area, it actually bypasses that one segment, since our
planes can't climb that high. Makes me think that the data is bad from
the FAA.

That's the Alaska airway V462, not the Federal airway V462, right?

The ATA-100 AWY file effective June 08, 2006 shows a MOCA of 12200 and an MEA of
14000 between FAGIN and NONDA.