Old February 2nd 04, 05:13 PM
solo89

"BTIZ" wrote in message news:ISkTb.6650$IF1.4223@fed1read01...
Let me first apoplogize for posting a first glider question. What the
heck, there's not much soaring weather out there to distract us this
time of year.

I'll let Stu and others answer the Ventus handling questions... I've not
flown one..

but as for the weather.. last Saturday was a beautiful day soaring wise,
post frontal instability, north winds providing ridge and shear line lift..
you must live up north somewhere..

BT

Thanks to all for the replies and emails. I agree with the consensus
that the Ventus A is probably not a good choice. I would not even
consider one were it not for the fact that it is so beautiful and
sitting in it's trailer unused every time I go into the hangar.

BTIZ, last Saturday (1/24) looked pretty good here in South Carolina.
Unfortunately, the tow plane and the only glider available to me were
both down for annuals. Not to worry, I have it on good authority that
the lift returns here on Valentines Day.