Old July 11th 03, 11:18 PM
Gary Allen

"Jim" wrote in message
Anybody in the group have any CFI-I checkride stories/hints/advice that
they'd like to share? I'm working towards my CFII now.
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

Mine wasn't that big of a deal. The oral was a little more extensive than
the instrument rating, but I expected that. I think he expected a little
more accuracy, too. He especially likes NDB approaches, so we did 2 of
those, one in 30 kt direct crosswind... that was a little tough. He had me
"teach" unusual attitudes and a missed approach procedure. The test was
surprisingly simple, actually. By the way, I had an FAA examiner, not a DE,
and I did it in a JetRanger helicopter.

Gary