Old March 2nd 16, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF

Default Capital Gain/Loss when Selling Gliders?

You need to talk to a Tax CPA.
Some things to ask:

Should I establish an LLC corporation in Delaware or another property tax friendly state to hold the asset?

Do I have to pay sales tax if I purchase a glider from an individual? Usually sales taxes only apply to purchases from companies that are licensed to collect them.

Ask about use taxes, sometimes those take the place of sales taxes.

Go on some of the RV sites, those guys have some tricks up their sleeves when it comes to avoiding taxes, might give you more questions to ask your CPA

If you want to get real fancy, incorporate in Ireland, then form a wholly owned Subsidiary in Delaware.

SF