Old October 3rd 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default Backwash Causes Lift?

"Le Chaud Lapin" wrote in message

I'm saying that, if you take a plane with certain critical angle,
throw away engine, put on an engine that can generate 10x the thrust,
the plane should still fly, even if you exceed critical angle.

These books imply that the critical angle is angle at with bad things
happen above the wing, and because of that, the plane will fall. I'm
saying that, you can have all the bad things happen above the wing and
still be able to keep the plane aloft due to compression that occurs
beneath the wing.

Of course, I have only been doing this officially 7 weeks, so I might
be wrong.

You are.

With a stronger engine, the wing would still be stalled. You would be
flying on the thrust of the engine.

Disruption of the flow on the top side of the wing is what defines a stall.
The wing would create only a fraction of the list that it would, unstalled.
--
Jim in NC