Old February 1st 11, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Terry Walsh

Default IGC file viewer (no GPS)

Hi Andy,

I use TaskNav for that, it does display a message that no gps data is
present but still goes on the display the Trace OK. It also includes
download utilities for most loggers including EW models A B and D. I think
it is £35 UK for a two machine licence. Just google tasknav.

Terry Walsh

At 16:02 01 February 2011, Andy wrote:
Does anyone know of a Windows based IGC file viewer that will properly
display the barograph (altitude) data when the GPS position data is
all zero?

The file was recorded using an ancient EW barograph that has been
converted to receive GPS data but had no GPS connected. The raw EW
data file data can be viewed using the EWVIEW DOS utility but it's not
very portable that way. EWVIEW allows export of an IGC file but
Cambridge Aero Explorer won't display the altitude trace.

A few lines of the file are shown below:

AEWAB0021 9305
HFDTE300111
I013636REX
B1200560000000N00000000WV0057000000V
B1201010000000N00000000WV0057000000V
B1201060000000N00000000WV0057000000V
B1201110000000N00000000WV0057000000V
B1201160000000N00000000WV0057000000V
B1201210000000N00000000WV0057000000V
B1201260000000N00000000WV0057000000V
B1201310000000N00000000WV0057000000V
B1201360000000N00000000WV0057000000V
B1201410000000N00000000WV0057000000V
B1201460000000N00000000WV0057000000V
B1201510000000N00000000WV0057000000V
B1201560000000N00000000WV0057000000V

When I was using the EW for glider flight recordeing I post processed
the raw EW data using Quattro Pro to give plots of altitude and
altitude rate. I could re-invent that using Excel but I'd rather not
waste the time. I use the EW to keep a record when I'm towing and
want to share the data with the club timekeeper.

thanks

Andy