Old October 10th 03, 01:56 AM
Daryl Hunt

"John Carrier" wrote in message
news
From the former operators whom I work with every day. A-7B 19,500 empty,
A-7E 21.500 empty. Typical bomb load off 27C was 8 or 10 Mk82 (depending

on
wind ... the cats were short). Otherwise 10-12 Mk82. Preferred was 4-6
Mk83 on the parent racks (no MERs/TERs with weight and drag), rare for the
Navy in Viet Nam. Add 400# for two sidewinders (given the ACM capability

of
the SLUF, they would have proven more effective mounted backwards).

Tanker
typically 2x300Gal drop + D704 = 6000+ lbs. It would appear that your 6K,
give or take, is the typical operational load.

None of those I talked with (two of with combat experience) thought a

field
T/O at max gross of 42K was practical unless the concrete was REAL long

and
the day was REAL cold. I don't think A-7D's were launching in SEA at max
gross given the typical wx etc. The airplane was a real pig at 38K or

over.

There is always restrictions on Carrier AC that are not on concrete jumpers.