Old April 4th 04, 12:44 AM
Lennart Petersen

"Chad Irby" skrev i meddelandet
om...
In article ,
"Marie Lewis" wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
In article ,
"Lennart Petersen" wrote:

99% ? Interesting. I transferred recently in 6 minutes from
International to domestic including security check. Was in
Sandefjord Norway. How many transfers international-domestic are
done in less 6 minutes in U.S?

You're taking a very unusual example (EU internal transfers), and
pretending that it's common worldwide.

Now, *that's* interesting.

Take a look at the previous post.

I did. It's even funnier. He's comparing a country that has less
international airline passengers per year than *Orlando*, which isn't
even in the top 5 international airports in the US...

Well according to Orlandos website
http://fcn.state.fl.us/goaa/

they had 1 682 457 international passengers in year 2002
while Norway had, according to AVINOR http://www.avinor.no/
had in year 2003: 6 779 971 international p scheduled and another 1 763 258
from charter flights. Seem to be about 5 times your Orlando statistic.
Oslo alone had 5 700 000 international passengers.
So you're wrong on that point.

Why are the lines longer to get into the US? Because more people *fly*
there. And, by the way, we're having a record year for tourism of all
types...

So lines should be exceptional longer in Germany(82 000 000 )
than Luxembourg (454 000)?
No an efficient airport doesn't works so.
Big airport, more staff, equal to the expected arrivals.
Small airport, fewer staff and in fact more likely to create lines in case
of an occasional flight with many passengers.