Old June 20th 05, 08:38 PM
Dave Butler

Jay Honeck wrote:

snipola

We zigged and zagged a bit until we decided to throw in the towel and
land for the night in Rantoul. I tried Chicago Center one more time,
heard no response, and switched to Unicom and landed.

sniparoni

Now that I think about it, I suppose we could have asked Flight Watch
to notify Chicago Center when we could no longer hear them, but frankly
it never dawned on me that Chicago really cared that much about what
happened outside of their Class B airspace.

snipitty

How would *you* have handled it?

I would have probably handled it IFR, but if VFR, exactly the way you did. But
based on your story, next time that happens to me I'll try a little harder to
get the message through that I'm leaving the freq. Thanks for the education.

DGB