Old November 6th 05, 11:40 AM
me

Default John Dyke

In article .com, wrote:

Was there any licensing agreement?

There is no contract of any kind included with or
mentioned in the drawings.

Whether or not my father signed any forms when ordering the
drawings I can not tell you. I wouldn't expect anybody
to sell a bit of intellectual property without some kind of
written agreement though.

I should mention that I have no argument with limiting the
rights to one single aircraft per set of drawings.

But John Dyke has plainly stated to the gentleman in
question that he will support a single project all the way
to completion as it is passed from owner to owner, as long
as it is the only project associated with the set of
drawings.

He then told the gentleman that there would be no support at
all because the project had never been started when my
father died.

The e-mail exchange between the gentleman in question and
Mr. Dyke was forwarded to me for clarification, so I am not
confused about Mr. Dykes position.

I should mention at this point that the gentleman in
question spoke with another builder in his area and was told
that the "support" from Mr. Dyke is essentially worthless.
He has since re-opened the discussion with me about the
drawings.

My question was not about Mr. Dyke. I already know what I
think of him.

What I wanted to know is: Has anybody seen another seller
deny that a set of drawings/instructions/information was
transferable due to the simple fact that work on the project
had not begun before the resale? Is there some kind of
precedent here? Or is Dyke making it up as he goes?