Old July 10th 03, 06:11 PM
Ron Natalie

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message m...

"paul k. sanchez" wrote in message ...
Anybody know anything abou tthe new UPSAT combo box (430-killer)?

Ron:
What are your questions on it? www.upsat.com has the approved operation manaul
and the install manual available for download.

I'll look there. Mostly I was curious if it requires annunciators. Panel space is tight
(which is the whole point of me looking at the 430 or the UPSAST box). The stuff
looks good enough that I'm thinking about abandoning my current grudge against
the compnay.

Cute, for those curious and too lazy to do so, it doesn't require any annunciators
provided it's installed somewhere close to the CDI (a regular radio stack relationship
to the HSI looks well within rnage). It otherwise can drive external annunciators.

The Installation manual block diagram shows it intefacing to the normal UPSAT
nav com as well (presumably it's database can be used to prime frequencies
or something). I can't find anything in my perusal of the various manuals on
how that works.