Old June 17th 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Shanghai McCoy[_2_]

Default This News Group

Well put, Boomerang. Damn.. 1954? SNA for sure! I was a mere
back-seat-qual'ed Parachute Rigger (S-3's and A-7's.. I think it gave
the rest of the A/C some misplaced sense of security having a PR along).

)Boomerang wrote:
I'm surely not the Senior Naval Aviator (remember that? "SNA"?) attending
to this News Group although I may be the among the oldest - first carrier
landing on March 17, 1954 - and I wonder, seriously, if the cross-posters
realize what a disservice (read pain-in-the-ass) they are to those of us who
cherish contact with folks of similar backgrounds and interests Further, I
wonder if they realize that their cross-posts, always, provoke an alienation
to whatever the hell their nutty causes might be, and an annoyance with them
personally for the posts. Monitoring is an attractive option but we're way
beyond that.I just hope that each of us "good-guys" can figure out a way to
co-opt, neutralize and maybe, some day, eliminate all their crap from our
personal sand box and keep this site for those of us who have something to
say to one another about a very important element of their own security -
and their right to sound off, unfortunately.