Old January 25th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default ARE RAMP CHECKS RAMPING UP?

On 24 Jan 2006 11:19:52 -0800, "Denny" wrote:

Well of course they KNOW right off whether you are legal to fly or
not...
Given that the FAA writes the rules, interprets the rules they write,
and appeals to themselves if some lame brained ALJ should be so witless
as to disagree with them on mere facts; you are legal to fly if the
inspector wants you to be, and you are not legal to fly if the
inspector wants you to be not...

I've just never had that sort of confrontational experience.

And I will say that the rules are simple, to me.

Mike Weller

I have been approached at times over the years by persons masquerading
as a government official, demanding that I hand my documents over to
him... I flatly refuse.. Each time I tell the person that if he has
official business with me he must send a letter of request... Once I
have the letter my attorney will advise me what to do... And I turn my
back and resume I was doing before he accosted me...

I will point out that I still have my certificate, medical, etc., and I
am still waiting for the letter...

denny

Again, to me, I've never had a problem with the FAA.

Mike Weller