Old July 16th 03, 08:23 AM
Sunny

"Evan Brennan" wrote in message
m...
snip
Australian propaganda is not fact. Many documents have been found and
cited. Even if Australian body counts were accurate, there is no
evidence that Australia ever seriously damaged the D445 VC Battalion,
D440 VC Battalion, the undersized 5th VC Division, or local VC companies.

I am not quoting from "propaganda" I served in SVN (infantry)
You would do better in your supposed "quest for the truth", if you read a
larger selection of material.

And there is no proof that your body counts were typically accurate
and the amount of enemy activity by these units suggests otherwise.

Your joking right? according to US "body counts" charlie was wiped out
three times over.

"guarded" their own establishments in Vung Tau and never provided "road
convoy security" for anyone but their own movements, (as we did)

7. April 1971-June 1972. The 2d Brigade, US 25th Infantry Division
was replaced by the 3d Brigade, US 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile).
Despite the recent and massive withdrawl of Allied forces, the Air Cav
"fire brigade" was responsible for ranging three provinces, Binh Tuy,
Long Khanh and Phuoc Tuy. Their air assault training and larger fleet
of helicopter lift and gunships made this possible. Such widespread
coverage was well beyond the capability of any Australian brigade.

What bloody Brigade?

At peak, there was about 8,000 Australian troops in Vietnam. An Air
Cavalry brigade had roughly the same number of men but they were a
far more effective and free ranging killing machine during their time
in Vietnam from 1965-72.

Read your original statement a bit closer. you were discussing 1971-72
(The Aust commitment had been more than halved by then and two Bns do not
even go close to a "Brigade"

Unlike the more gravitationally-challenged Australian infantry, the
Air Cav could set up ambushes where and when they pleased in their
TOAR, or they could land right on top of the VC/NVA when it suited
them...when Charlie was taking a nap, when Charlie was taking a crap,
when Charlie was reading another Dear Gian letter...

Yep, saw a few of their "automatic ambushes" during my "gravitationally
challenged" strolls through the country side. (they did not even have the
common dog f**k to pass on grid references to their "allies")
Auto Ambush = a large qty of Clamore mines, setup with trip wire initiation,
then back in the choppers and home for a beer.

BTW, Part of a statement by Lieutenant General Julian J Ewell (Commanding
General 11 Field Force Vietnam)
"Only by grinding away at the enemy, capturing his supplies and denying him
his sanctuaries as you are doing, will we be able to force him out of Phuoc
Tuy Province, and out of the Republic of Vietnam"
(Just after the conclusion of Operation Hammersley, in which 8 RAR, with
elements of A Sqn 1 Armd Regt and 3 Troop B Sqn 3 Cav Regt, attacked the VC
controlled Long Hai Hills and delivered a severe blow to D445 which had
concentrated there.)