Old January 23rd 21, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default First glider Nimbus 2 ?

On Monday, January 18, 2021 at 5:12:26 AM UTC-8, krasw wrote:
On Monday, 18 January 2021 at 11:39:03 UTC+2, wrote:

The comment about the reason for cheap price is a misdirection because if glider pilot population wasn't shrinking or retiring from flying
then their prices would be comparable to how they used to be because of demand.
There a more gliders for sale in my country than I have ever seen before now coming up 50 years,because pilot numbers are dropping.
This is a worldwide effect, little demand lower prices, the market always rules.

Gary

There is very little for sale in Europe right now, and prices are not low.. Possibly due covid I guess.

Things are heating up - after over 2 years on the market, my ASH26e got 2 legitimate offers within 24 hours (where were they 2 years ago?). Part of the issue is that piece of vaporware called the GP15; another factor is a steady increase in the Euro over the last year, which makes buying used in dollars more attractive. COVID also may be impacting deliveries from Germany with some companies. I have heard that deliveries from Shemp-Hirth are out to 3 years.

Tom