Old March 14th 15, 09:28 PM
Skypilot Skypilot is offline
Member

Hi Jim, yep she is still here, I think it's for sale at the moment. There are some details here.

http://www.hart.wattle.id.au/alice/articles.html

To be honest I belive if you can fly a cirrus, asw15. Astir you can fly a N2. Yes it's big but the what height and learning time is for. Are we really heading for a generation of pilots who don't want to fly stuff based on old stories and poor recollection of history. When Dick wrote that article there was the asw17 and N2 they were two years old and way ahead of anything else. I wonder what he would think of the Dianna or Duckhawk.

I any case my N2 to fly is available if you want to pay the $200 Excess insurance fee, It's at Kingaroy, arguably on of the fastest clubs in the world with no real wave and all done on thermals, hire charges for my glider are in Australian mates rates currency. I have a spare room in Brisbane and can organise transport. The CFI is very friendly (me ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS View Post
Like Bruce and a few others, I don't condemn the N2A.
In my opinion, initially flying it with a forward C/G is best.
With about 100 hours my first N2A flight, at around the aft limit, took a few "interesting" seconds to get used to. Since then, enjoyed flights in properly ballasted N2s.
Justin might know the one I flew in Queensland, VH-GAW "Alice in Wonderland".
Jim