Old March 15th 15, 11:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Galloway[_1_]

Default First glider Nimbus 2 ?

At 21:28 14 March 2015, Skypilot wrote:

Hi Jim, yep she is still here, I think it's for sale at the moment
There are some details here.

http://www.hart.wattle.id.au/alice/articles.html

To be honest I belive if you can fly a cirrus, asw15. Astir you can fl
a N2. Yes it's big but the what height and learning time is for. Are

really heading for a generation of pilots who don't want to fly stuf
based on old stories and poor recollection of history. When Dick

wrot
that article there was the asw17 and N2 they were two years old

and wa
ahead of anything else. I wonder what he would think of the

Dianna o
Duckhawk.

I any case my N2 to fly is available if you want to pay the $200

Exces
insurance fee, It's at Kingaroy, arguably on of the fastest clubs i
the world with no real wave and all done on thermals, hire charges

fo
my glider are in Australian mates rates currency. I have a spare

room i
Brisbane and can organise transport. The CFI is very friendly (me

).

You don't have to wonder what Dick Johnson would have thought
about the Diana - you can read what he actually thought about the
Diana 1:

http://www.deturbulator.org/johnson-fte-diana1.pdf