Old November 8th 03, 05:31 AM
John Cook

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 22:27:57 +1100, "The Raven"
wrote:

"John Cook" wrote in message
.. .
Hi all

I have just heard on the radio that Australia is to scrap its fleet
of F111's...

In 2010.........

Not surprising really they did cost quite a bit to run.

Based on that logic, we'd scrap anything with jet engines.

Hmmm. not really, the F18's are used on deployment occaisionally, the
F111 were hanger queens, Were they ever used??? anywhere!, it would
have been a perfect deployment to Iraq to test there capabilities
and provide real world combat training.

As a long range strike asset they would seem to have been a
perfect choice, Wonder why they were left at home.

Cheers

John Cook

Any spelling mistakes/grammatic errors are there purely to annoy. All
opinions are mine, not TAFE's however much they beg me for them.

Email Address :-
Spam trap - please remove (trousers) to email me
Eurofighter Website :-
http://www.eurofighter-typhoon.co.uk