Old October 5th 20, 10:42 PM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sinclair[_5_] View Post
This isnā€™t particularly funny, but the radio call was.......Iā€™m bailing out, now!.......The answer........OK, Honey!
As I recall, the guy had landed out the day before and ground-looped the bird which caused some undirected damage to his wing. After takeoff a large bulge developed in his left wing skin! After some discussion and with the bulge getting larger........he made the radio call.

Another memorable radio call was.............You better get out of there!...........long pause, then........ good chute near Red Mountain........

Cindy would be able to fill in the gaps!

JJ

On Monday, October 5, 2020 at 1:30:06 AM UTC-7, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
At 02:51 05 October 2020, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Flying out of Parowan several years ago these 2 Germans flying out of Ely
Nv come up on 123.3
After a bit it sounds like there together, low, trying to dig out.
They go wall to wall for a couple of minutes.
There's a little break and some wag keys up his Mic and says " Hey you
Germans, Your in America, Speak Spanish.
That really cracked me up!
Nick

During a Competition:
Crew to Pilot: " You have the Car Keys in your Pocket!"
Yeah, not funny really.

Had similar a few years back at my old club. Mayday call followed by something along the lines of 'the controls are jammed and I'm bailing out'.

Longish silence then 'Why won't anyone talk to me?' He was still aboard and maybe waiting for permission to jump?

He finally bailed out and we could see the glider spiral in and the good chute from the airfield.

Most disappointing thing about all this was he took off without full and free controls after having a restriction in the stick movement and needlessly destroyed the clubs Discus CS

:-( Colin