Old October 6th 20, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default As heard on 123.3........

On Monday, October 5, 2020 at 4:44:30 PM UTC-4, wrote:
A Chinese airline crew declared an emergency, and after a few minutes of the crew laboring to explain their problem to the controller in English, the controller finally said 'lets talk in Chinese', which they did.

About a year ago I was towing in the Pawnee when I switched to Vero Beach tower to inform them that we are finishing for the day. I heard in a heavy Chinese accent, plane tuck, plane tuck. The controller asked a Bonanza that was on the taxi way to inform him of what the problem was, as the Chinese continued to broadcast that plane no move, plane no move. There was a brief laugh as the Bonanza informed the tower that the Chinese student had landed with full brakes and blew both main tires and went into the grass. I guess he was correct in saying plane no move!