Old August 23rd 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Flying Tigers: Claire Chennault and all that

Cubdriver wrote:
HarperCollins has just published a revised, updated, and shortened (!)
edition of "Flying Tigers: Claire Chennault and His American
Volunteers, 1941-1942". Thanks in large part to people I met on this
newsgroup, it's a much improved version of what Smithsonian
Institution Press published in 1991 with a slightly different title. I
think particularly of Corey Jordan, who put me straight on the P-40s
flown by the AVG, and the late Erik Shilling, who tried (not always
with success) to put me straight about just about everything. They and
others are saluted in the preface, which you can read online at
www.FlyingTigersBook.com/preface.htm

Hi Dan;

It was very good of you to say these things, especially about Erik. I'm
beginning to form a whole new picture of you. You just might in fact, if
it means anything to you, have discovered a new friend.
I would like to personally wish you the best of luck with your new book.
Dudley Henriques

--
Dudley Henriques