Old August 23rd 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Vanwall

Default Flying Tigers: Claire Chennault and all that

On Aug 22, 8:48 am, Cubdriver usenet AT danford DOT net wrote:
HarperCollins has just published a revised, updated, and shortened (!)
edition of "Flying Tigers: Claire Chennault and His American
Volunteers, 1941-1942". Thanks in large part to people I met on this
newsgroup, it's a much improved version of what Smithsonian
Institution Press published in 1991 with a slightly different title. I
think particularly of Corey Jordan, who put me straight on the P-40s
flown by the AVG, and the late Erik Shilling, who tried (not always
with success) to put me straight about just about everything. They and
others are saluted in the preface, which you can read online atwww.FlyingTigersBook.com/preface.htm

"In this second edition of his 'revisionist' history masterpiece,
Daniel Ford tightens up the tale, corrects a few errors, and adds
dramatic new details." -- says JDR in an online review:http://seacoastnh.com/The_Arts/Book_.../Flying_Tigers

As always, Amazon.com has the best price on the book at $10.85. Check
it out atwww.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0061246557/annalsor at the
Amazon sites for Canada, France, Germany, and Japan.

For a bit more money, you can get a signed copy. Point your browser atwww.FlyingTigersBook.comor send an email to usenet[AT]danford[DOT]net
(with the obvious changes).

Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

Claire Chennault and His American Volunteers, 1941-1942
new from HarperCollinswww.FlyingTigersBook.com

Well done, Dan! A new book to add for me, goody. I well remember
meeting Mr. Shilling at an air show at Gillespie Field, and we talked
about this newsgroup, and the AVG, and yes, Dan Ford - Erik was a
character-and-a-half.

BCNU,
Rob