Old July 14th 03, 06:37 PM
pac plyer

Big John wrote
Some of the war stories get a way off thread. Probably should find a
place where they are told as lots here probably don't like???

Pac sez,

Naw... don't worry about that. The subject was Shots fired at
airplanes..so you're spot on. besides... I suspect if it's that
annoying somebody will say something... Even my Usenet nemesis get
quiet when I tell a tale or two. I interpret that silence as nothing
but acceptance and admiration: LOL! ;-)

The other sight on google: aviation.stories is moderated by a moron.
He only posts a few stories a year and allows left wing political
tripe and dead links to sit displayed forever.... so I say: it's
better in the unmoderated real world.

Since you're a nice guy John, and have considered this for others, I
could recommend a suggestion: the convention was used over at RAH
that when someone goes a little off-topic they post a new thread and
in the title somewhere put "zzzzzzzZZZ" to denote this is about the
infamous Captain Zoom, which most readers are unfamiliar with, and may
not want to read. So maybe we could put in there some where "War
Story" or "warS" or something?

What say you all?

pacplyer
champion of off-topic war stories