Old December 30th 05, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cessna air vents

Dave Stadt wrote:
"Matt" wrote in message
m...

Hello everyone. It's getting a little chilly around here now; I have seen
the "ventubes" that are being sold for $75 apiece. Has anyone simply

taped

over the inlet in the wing root? I was thinking of giving this a try,
seeing that there is no real need for cold air ventilation at this time of
year.

Matt

My Cessna vents were made 58 years ago and don't leak a bit. Rebuild them
with new felt and they should work just like new.

Yes, I rebuilt the one's on my 67 Skylane and they sealed well after that.

Matt