Old July 14th 03, 01:55 PM
ArtKramr

ubject: Re pilot training dropout percentage.
From: Andrew Chaplin
Date: 7/14/03 3:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time

...but after Pearl was hit the US military couldn't wait for everybody to go
out and get 2 years of college. CTD was used instead. And by the results,

it
worked just fine.

Absolutely. Ask my two of my brothers-in-law. Inefficient, but worked!

"CTD"? "Connect the dots"? Help out the laity here, guys.
--
Andrew Chaplin

CTD was CollegeTraining Detachment. Back then we volunteered for the Army Air
Corp cadet program while still in high school If we were acceptede were called
up the day we wwre 18 and sent to basic infantry training. We then were sent
to a CTD unit. I went to Kent State University in Ohio. There we got intense
(very intense) math, physics and earth sciences along with meteorology These
were not the usual college courses but were design for what we would need in
the aviation program. From there we moved on to classification, then to the
various flying schools. I mentioned this in my first post on getting your wings
in WW II. .

Arthur Kramer
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer