Old July 8th 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Vaughn Simon

Default Best homebuilt for ~700 nm commute

"Jay Maynard" wrote in message
The flip side: what happens when it collects hangar rash?

So who has a hanger? Perhaps it is because I started out in sailplanes, but
I would not be comfortable parking a glass bird out in the sun for years at a
time, especially one finished in jellcoat.

Repairing aluminum is well known; repairing composites is not.

Sorry, I can't agree. I have seen some torn up sailplanes repaired so well
you can't see where anything ever happened. It all a matter of finding the
right repair station.