Old November 3rd 20, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Old Folks Poll

On Tuesday, November 3, 2020 at 7:41:15 AM UTC-5, Roy B. wrote:
I thought it might be fun (and healthy) to start a poll or discussion for the guys and gals who have been in the sport for + 25 years or more. So, my question for those people is : "What is the biggest change you have seen in the sport over the years you have participated?"

For me, the biggest change was the widespread adoption of GPS - which changed everything about flight recording, contests, contest tasking and badge flying. Second place goes to the newer trailers which are so much better than what we struggled with in the old days. Third place might be OLC . . .
What do you think?

ROY

The change from an all 'Wood, Steel Tube, Aluminum & Fabric' fleet to an all Glass fleet.

Uli
'AS'