Old April 21st 05, 03:20 PM
Terry

Default Antennas

Thanks, John. The reason that I'm looking for something other than a
standard 1/4 wave antenna is that I have one of those now, and it
isn't working. I know nothing about antennas other than what I've
read on the 'net, but I've been told that the location of mine isn't
the best. It's on the wing root fairing, and from what I've been
told, this doesn't give it the most optimized ground plane. I read of
a case where a guy with a PA-11 had the same problem, and installed a
folded dipole inside the fuselage and it worked great. I thought
maybe the folded dipole or a copper tape system might help me out
without moving the antenna around and drilling all kinds of holes in
the sheet metal. All I need is something for communications with my
handheld in order to talk to the occasional tower--nothing heavy duty
at all. I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks again,

Terry