Old November 12th 05, 01:49 AM
GTH

Default Fastest 100hp homebuilt or kit?

Jim Carriere a écrit :
John Ammeter wrote:

tom pettit tompetatpeak wrote:

Okay, I don't want to pay the fuel bill on a monster engine. I do
want to go fast. What kit or plans homebuilt will go 200 mph on 100 hp?

tom

Most will easily go over 200 mph..... straight down...

LOL

Serious answer, Vari Eze comes close, probably not too many others.

Hi all,

I'm not aware of any homebuilt flying that fast straight and level on
100 hp.
In my hangar there are two LongEze, and they are not capable of doing
more than 165-175 mph at full throttle. It is no surprise when we
consider the large wing and small pusher propeller.

The fastest 100 hp kitplane I know of is the Dyn Aero MCR 01, reaching
190-195 mph with a Rotax 912S.

I've just built a four seater version with a Rotax 914 100 hp turbo, and
we recorded 181 mph at 100 % power. I'm using the 3 GPS method.

More info in English at
http://www.avnet.co.uk/lts/index.html

You'll see a short takeoff video on my website.

Regards,
Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France
http://contrails.free.fr