Old January 15th 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Weight and balance, ballast, trim when flying alone

John writes:

What is your expectation from your simulator experience?

I expect it to reasonably simulate weight and balance issues, which it does,
but not having flown the real thing, I don't know how accurate the simulation
is. I've read that MSFS tends to exaggerate the W&B effects of unequal
amounts of fuel in the tanks, for example, although I always keep fuel loads
balanced.

Do you need to laterally balance the plane in MSFS?

Yes.