Old June 8th 16, 01:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john szalay

Default Re The C-132...they wound up with C-97 and C-124 [4/8] - C-124 GlobeMaster.jpg

wrote in
:

A friend of my Dad (101st) told me that the C124 had a nasty prop
blast when using the port side door for a jump. Was it?

Yea it was a bit , we lost a guy out the C-124 door on a night jump, when
his reserve opened inside the plane , the airflow by the door grabbed it
and out he went, just about broke his back, we didn,t find him for hours..
light duty for months while he recovered..
( dummy forgot to keep the reserve handle covered with his hand. )