Old February 5th 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.military, rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval, us.military.army
BlackBeard

Default "V-22 squadron achieves successin Iraq, USMC says"

On Feb 5, 6:58*am, Jack Linthicum wrote:

reads just like the discounted first few. I would like to see a nice
unclassified test and evaluation report, even a document number, that
tells me this has elements of the truth in it and is not some
Henderson Hall flack making up war stories.

Well I can vouch that the testing was done, extensively for about a
decade. The article in question mentions many of the systems tested
but there were more. Many of the successful tests mentioned I
witnessed, or in some cases I actually participated in them. I will
not talk about failures or weaknesses. Every aircraft out there has
trade-offs. There are no invincible platforms that I know of. There
are always systems that are vulnerable to the golden BB. The article
does not contain any falsehoods I am aware of. It is obviously
written with a Madison Ave. bias but that does not make it untrue.
It's up to you whether you want to take my word for it Jack. I can't
provide the documents you ask for. Debriefs, read-outs come into
play.

BB

I guess everybody has some mountain to climb.
It's just fate whether you live in Kansas or Tibet...