Old June 22nd 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
muff528

Default Bertie's Sockpuppets and Supporters

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"muff528" wrote in news:%Ok4k.35989$lE3.28869
@trnddc05:

the gear to clean the bugs off of his windscreen.

All it takes is coca cola.

Now there's some useful information but it's a couple of weeks too late.
Love-bug season is just about over.
TP

They'll be back.

BTW, I've never tried coka cola on plexiglass, only glass. Just water and
my hand on plexiglass to date, but coke might work there as well. I'd want
to find out for sure first though.

Bertie

Yes, they will. Although I know of a couple hundred thousand that won't!
They attempted high-performance landings on the front of my car and failed.
Sometimes the bugs are so dense that they'll drift right into your mouth
while you're speaking. I'll try the coke thing. I'll also try it on a scrap
piece of plex. The love-bugs seem to be attracted to petroleum products,
cola drinks, etc.........PITA!

Tony P.