Old February 21st 09, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default ILS approach KJAN with ATC communications - Video

Under VMC conditions figure to knock out some approaches. As you can
see from the ATC transmissions, it really does pay to make a face to
face visit to your local controllers. It really does make it much
more "personal" over the radio putting a face to a name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mam6tgJCSnk

The second half of this video, to make things a little different, I
talked out loud my scan and what instruments I was looking at from the
middle marker to the inner marker beacons. Be interesting to get
feedback and see if anybody can help me improve on what I am doing.

My next video still to be compiled (will post under this thread)
things got a little discombobulated on my next approach when a
Southwest Airlines flight had to go around. My approach clearance was
canceled and the controller worked me in a line of high speed traffic
and asked for best forward speed. I did 110 knots down to the inner
marker. Always amazes me how the decks can be re-arranged in an
orderly manner..

I would have loved to trade places for a go around in a commercial
jet! Not sure what the cause of the go around was for the 737 as
winds were calm