Old February 4th 05, 02:32 PM
Pechs1

Tony- "A man has only one virginity to lose in fighters, and if it is a
lovely
plane he loses it to, there his heart will ever be" -Hemingway. Did you
lose yours in the Phantom? BRBR

Yes, my first fleet tour was in VF-33, F-4J, 1976.
BUT I flew A-4 as an Adversary, the F-14 and the F-16N, still liked the F-4 the
most.

I was able to get back into it after a 5 year absence when I went back to VX-4
as XO. I was one of the two that actually wanted to fly the thing(F-4S), along
with the CO, Wigs Ludwig, so we got to fly it a lot. Loved that A/C, sorry to
end my career in it in 1989.
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)