Old March 28th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

Default Fuel Cell Demonstrator Airplane

"Blueskies" wrote in message
t...

Sheeze, just another example of the good ol' USA slipping behind even
more. Very sad that these flights don't take place
at Edwards, or in Wichita, or ...

There was a competing project locally that was actually competing with
Boeing on this project. The two planes were supposed to race as some point.

The last I heard, the local project had secured a 1/2 million dollar grant
from Boeing. The guy running the project was going to 'join forces' with
Boeing (ie turn over the grant money). That's when I (and most others)
bailed on the project.

I don't know what happened to it. I saw the plane in a lab at the school
last fall, but I'm told it's no longer there.

The website is gone too. You can see what it was at

http://web.archive.org/web/200503070...rrow.com/nuke/