Old May 29th 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Dan[_1_]

Default ICAO Flight Plans - RNAV/RNP??

All,

I am trying to figure out how to complete the ICAO information on
fltplan.com for filing a flightplan for a C182 with a Garmin 530W.
The RNAV/RNP stuff has me confused. What would the proper answers be
for an aircraft with a 530W? How about a standard Garmin 430?

I've searched high and low on the Internet, but I am still confused!
(see below for web form).

I think this is relavent: http://www.jeppesen.com/download/bri...7_A_update.pdf,
but to be perfectly honest, I am not sure how to interpret it....

Here is the "help" page for the data form: http://www.fltplan.com/ICAOHelp.htm#RNAV

Apparently, after 6/29/08 this information will be _required_ to be
assigned RNAV departure and arrival procedures.

--Dan

==================

RNAV Capability
RNAV Capability NOTES
There are no new acronyms, terms or performance requirements
associated with the new domestic ICAO flight plans.
As far as domestic flight plans are concerned, ATC is only looking for
more information concerning your aircraft's SID, STAR and enroute
navigation capabilities.
If you were legal to fly "T" routes, "Q" routes, RNAV 1 & 2 SIDs and
STARs before...you can still fly them...you just need to let ATC know
this on your flight plan.
If you don't have the "answers" to the RNAV questions then leave them
blank. Your flight plan will be filed and ATC will not include any
RNAV routing in your IFR clearance.

RNP - stands for "Required Navigation Performance". Select the best
RNP value for you aircraft.
Note 1 : Just leave this box blank if status is unknown.
Note 2 : Domestically, this information is not used. (ATC uses the
RNAV Departure/Enroute/Arrival info )

RNAV Departure Level - select 1 of the 3 options from the dropdown
box.
BLANK - the aircraft does not meet the requirements for any RNAV
departure
RNAV 1 - the aircraft can meet the navigational requirements of a SID
(DP) requiring RNAV 1 capability
RNAV 2 - the aircraft can meet the navigational requirements of a SID
(DP) requiring RNAV 2 capability

Note 1 : If you don't think you have RNAV Departure capabilities (or
don't know) then you probably don't. Leave the box empty.

RNAV Enroute Level - Select 1 of the 4 possible choices from the
dropdown box
BLANK - the aircraft has no area navigational capabilities
RNV 1.0 - the aircraft can navigate enroute with a 1 nm or less
crosstrack error for 95% of the time
RNV 2.0 - the aircraft can navigate enroute with a 2 nm or less
crosstrack error for 95% of the time
RNV 99 - Select this option if you can legally navigate from point to
point but don't meet the requirements of RNV 1.0 or RNV 2.0 enroute
capabilities.

RNAV Arrival Level - Select 1 of the 3 options from the dropdown box.
BLANK - the aircraft does not meet the requirements for any RNAV
departure
RNAV 1 - the aircraft can meet the navigational requirements of a STAR
requiring RNAV 1 capability
RNAV 2 - the aircraft can meet the navigational requirements of a STAR
requiring RNAV 2 capability