Old July 17th 03, 01:51 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Bud wrote:

I don't take it as sarcastic if an aircraft advises me they're flying
thought the localizer.

I haven't had it taken as sarcastic if I advise I'm through
the localizer. Statement of fact. That's where I am.

I have had it taken as sarcastic if I ask "do you want me to
join the localizer?" when I'm already through it. "Help me out
here, did I tell you to join the localizer? If I want you to
join the localizer, I'll tell you to join the localizer"

Dunno why, exactly. I do know the controller has goofed if he
hasn't advised me that I'll be vectored across prior to blowing
me through it. I suppose some take it as rubbing in the mistake,
even if it's just intended as an enquiry. I suppose others
think they did advise me "vector through the localizer for
spacing", and maybe they did and were blocked, or I missed it,
who knows.

Cheers,
Sydney