Old February 1st 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Strange loss

"Michael" wrote in message
ups.com...
Mike is a nice guy who was
regarded as a good pilot, calm, quiet, and safety concious...

I'm sorry, I feel your pain. I've lost some friends over the years.

Almost always, this is the way it goes. A calm, quiet, safety
conscious pilot, not an accident waiting to happen. A normal, routine
operation such as a takeoff or landing, under mildly challenging but
not extreme conditions, not some insane flying-under-bridges type of
idiocy. This is the way it happens. It could have been any of us.

Black death lurks in the blue skies.

Michael

It is easy to cheat death, but death's advantage is it only has to win once.

Happy landings,