Old June 23rd 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
RST Engineering

Default Aeronca 11AC Chief Project FS

Jim ...

In the first place, this thread belongs in rec.aviation.marketplace. It is
NOT a homebuilt and it is off-topic. I didn't say anything about that.

In the second place, this fellow has a history of abusing this newsgroup
trying to peddle sows' ears at silk purse prices. An 11AC with a possible
busted spar isn't a bargain at giveaway prices, much less the asking price.

So, we have to come up with an engine, some more welding (or re-welding,
depending as you say on the quality, and a question in the back of my mind
as to how the "90% complete" number came to be and why the last 10% hasn't
been done), either a lot of woodwork or a hell of a lot of woodwork
depending, struts, and a complete fabric cover. Plus a lot of bits and
pieces to hold it all together. Would'ja say, roughly, $15k in work?
That's my best estimate, figuring that the spar is a 50-50 proposition.
Somewhere between $12 and $18?

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .

Hmmm, none of that explains your initial post. I think you need to add
this
to your sig:

ESP that gives you the ability to provide the history of an aircraft that
was described in a single paragraph.

I'd be interested in knowing the quality of the welds - and which bridge
the aircraft ran into. ;-)

(Okay, the above is not particularly diplomatic, but I think you over-
reached and could have done a better job diplomacy-wise yourself and still
managed to raise legit condition issues. It isn't like the Usenet aviation
groups are currently overflowing on the decency/diplomacy front so much so
that a bit of snideness is needed to balance it.)