Old May 13th 04, 06:57 PM
Mike Beede

In article , Kevin Brooks wrote:

IIRC it was the fact that he used his Vietnam experience to try and excuse
his little legal fiasco. I actually made the mistake of buying a copy and
when I skimmed it later and caught that angle I put it aside--I mentioned it
to the older brother later, and he sort of scoffed at the book, which he had
read himself.

I didn't get the impression he did any such thing. I believe the part about
his life after the military was only a few pages. I can't vouch for the veracity
of the book, but I enjoyed it a lot. Perhaps you are thinking of his second
book, which picked up where the first one ended?

Mike Beede