Old February 21st 04, 01:22 AM
Mike Marron

(ArtKramr) wrote:
From: "D. Strang"
wrote:

We're still deployed in Germany, Korea, Colombia, Bolivia,
and the Sinai, etc...

Exactly.

We marched into Germany and got the entire country under control in about 15
minutes. Why can't we get Iraq under control? What thehell is going on here ?

Old age clouding your memory again hard guy? Does the term
"Berlin Airlift" three_full_years AFTER the end of war in Europe mean
anything to you?

Post-war Germany...

At least 39 U.S. servicemen were killed by the Nazi "Werwolf"
resistance movement in the fisrt few months of the occupation.
Additionally, Werwolves weren’t the only problem. Violent crime,
thievery and black-marketing were rampant. Germans incessantly
complained to U.S. military officials about inadequate public safety.
And these threats paled in comparison to the physical privations. Many
feared masses of Germans would freeze or starve to death in the first
winter after the war. To suggest that the first year of occupation was
anything less than a dreadful, harrowing experience for many Germans
is just bad history.

[Heritage Foundation]