Old March 22nd 04, 04:07 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Bob Fry wrote:

Orval Fairbairn writes:

The real scam in CA is that NONE of the personal property taxes go
towards supporting the aviation infrastructure!

It all goes into the General Fund -- then the pols claim that GA
"doesn't support itself and wants to tap the General Fund."

Why should only aircraft personal property taxes be used for only
aviation? Car property taxes aren't used just for roads, they go into
the general fund.

That is part of the problem! The pols like to drink the milk, but they
don't want to take care of the cow!

To add insult to injury, airplane-generated taxes exceed the fees
collected for airports, with NONE of the taxes returning to airports.
Then the pols claim that we "aren't paying our 'fair share'"!