Old August 31st 12, 11:39 AM
[email protected] pablo@crecat.com is offline
Junior Member

Default FLOCK OF BIRDS IN FINAL for a C182T

Hi all,

yesterday I was landing with a C182T , when in very short final , at least 30 pigeon took off directly to myself . They were very close to me ,few inches I guess .My decision was to do nothing, continue and land . Fortunately all pigeon were skill enough to avoid my plane at least for one inch . My friend and pilot seated on the right seat desagree with me and told me full power and go around . In his opinion a collision in short final with low power setting ,could have cause setting the plane to the ground . In his opinion with full power the plane should had succesfully resist the strike or strikes . Is this right ? Is a safe procedure to set full power , in case of bird encounter ?

thanks

pablo