Old October 7th 03, 05:12 PM
Rich S.

"VideoFlyer" wrote in message
I plan to build a plane from plans and am going to purchase some tools. I
would like to have a sheet metal shear and bending brake. I would like to

be
able to cut across a 48 inch sheet of aluminum. I found a 52 inch foot

shear
at the Harbor Freight web site for about $900. But for about $70 more, I

can
get a combination shear, press brake and slip roll. Neither one is

cheap, but
they are less expensive than most. Has anyone ever used one of these

combo
units? Are they any good? Am I wasting my money on anything less than a

$3000
unit? I figure the unit will receive light use working predominately with
aluminum. Thanks for your input.

As others have said, you probably don't *need* it. But like me, if you
*want* a tool, any excuse will do G.

I have used the HF combo unit to fabricate LG fairings. It worked well in
all three guises. The important thing here is to wait until HF has a sale on
the model you want. You can easily get it for 30, 40, even 50% off the
regular price and get free shipping, too.

Rich "He who dies with the most tools wins" S.