Old July 21st 03, 05:27 PM
Owain Walters

As a past team-mate used to say, who is now a new World
Champion, 'Go Hard or Go Home'. ;-)

Seriously, I think this has been the best year so far
for about 5 years. We may not have had great weather
every weekend but rarely been completly washed out
and have managed to dredge something out of the day.

But none of this mock banter answers this blokes question.
If you want a holiday in the sun then go somewhere
overseas. If you want good quality and relevant instruction
stay here (I am not saying the quality is worse anywhere
else but I doubt its higher enough to make a long trip
worthwhile).

If you are already a glider pilot then it wont take
long before you are let loose on yourself anyway.

Owain

At 15:00 21 July 2003, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On 21 Jul 2003 11:54:17 GMT, Owain Walters
wrote:

I must be living in a different UK to you guys. This
year has been pretty good really.

Speaking entirely from my experiences, May was excellent
and I thought
it was the start of a great year, but the last two
months have been
pretty dire. OK for local soaring, I suppose, but nothing
I could do a
significant xc in.

Maybe I should just practise harder :-(

--